Hello

Thank you for coming to my blog. Please post a comment if you have one.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Independent Contractor Status

What does it mean that dancers are independent contractors? You may be asking your self this question and I can give you the answer. Well part of that means that the customer does not tell us how much we should be paid or in the words of my customer last night "What he thinks I'm worth!" I decide what I charge by the hour in VIP or on the floor. I just happen to charge $500 an hour for either for my time, which I feel is valuable. I'm not a new dancer, I've been in the game for years and I know that my time is money. I could be sitting with someone else who would possibly offer me more. I make that decision though, not the customer. The customer can make the decision to sit with another girl. 


I danced for this guy for 2 hours in VIP. I listened for hours to how his wife left him, cheated on him with her boss, took all his money, broke up their home, etc. etc. etc. All dancers have heard the story before and none of us want to listen to that for free. I could stay home from work and watch a nice movie and have a glass of wine if I wasn't there to MAKE MONEY!!! Hello.. It's my source of income. 


So when it's time for me to be paid by Stuart, he says he will not pay me the $500 an hour that I told him UP FRONT and that HE AGREED TO... That's what I charge. I said ok I'll negotiate with you for $800 total for 2 hours and he told me to f*ck off. Then his friend said I "took advantage of the fat guy" and that I should feel sorry for him and accept $500 total. He also mentioned that if I wanted to make so much money I should have became a doctor.... WTF SMH


What do you guys think about this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment